Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 1 " The Love Dare"

Day 1


The LOVE Dare


1 Corinthians 13:1-3


Today's Dare


For the next day, demonstrate PATIENCE and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all.If the temptation arises,choose not to say anything. It's better to hold your tongue than to say something you'll regret.


This is easy for me to do with my children but not with my husband. So I knew this Dare would be hard for me.


The morning started out rocky and I thought to my self. He did not read day one. I stayed strong and bit my tongue. I left for the doctor while the kids took naps. When I got home he greeted me with a smile. The kids had woke up and he had made them a snack. After a few hours went by I noticed the change in his mood and voice. I went to go sit on the sofa and GUESS WHAT ... He must have read day one while I was gone. His book was right there on the sofa.


Lets just say by the end of the night. We were cuddling on the sofa together. It goes to show ..if you watch your tongue. They listen more.


Thanks for all the kind words and support.

I'm going to do a daily blog about our next 39 days. In hopes that it helps others. Even if you have the best marriage ever or one like mine. This book helps tons of couples. Take the dare "WE" did. Thanks to A "FRIEND".



1 comment:

  1. Love it! I want to know where you heard about this and how to get whatever materials for it :-)

    ReplyDelete